HostGator hosting with its easy-to-use interface and intuitive system is a top choice, is a renowned website hosting service provider since 2002. The company in a short span of time came to be known as one of the biggest hosting companies in the world. Their monstrous growth can be attributed to their great shared hosting plans, reliable web hosting, and excellent customer service. It is headquartered in Houston, Texas, and with over 10 million domains, it is the largest domain hosting company. The company has more than 850 employees who offer round-the-clock support and service to businesses of all sizes. HostGator Hosting is a subsidiary of the Endurance International Group. They provide their clients with a plethora of web hosting solutions. This website hosting provider is ideal and most suitable for Bloggers, personal websites, and Entrepreneurs. You can avail of their services for a trial period if not satisfactory, then you are eligible for a 45-day money-back policy.
Hostgator Hosting Plans and pricing
Hostgator hosting provides its clients with three types of plans from which the user can pick the one that suits them the most. The plans are as follows:
- Hatchling Plan: This plan is suitable for those who have only one website. With it, you can install WordPress with one click and get a standard set of features.
- Baby package: There is no limit to the number of domains and subdomains you can host with the Baby plan. In addition to the Hatchling plan’s features, you can also add add-ons such as private SSL.
- Business Package: Websites for small businesses are suitable for this package. For starting an eCommerce site, this plan includes unlimited websites, unlimited email, a dedicated IP address, and SEO tools.
HostGator provides the following features regardless of what plans you choose:
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- Guaranteed uptime of 99.9%
- Round-the-clock server monitoring
- Unlimited FTP users
- One-click installs
- 24/7/365 customer support
- Unmetered bandwidth
- cPanel control panel
- Free Migration
- Hatchling Plan – $2.75 a month
- Baby Plan – $3.95 a month
- Business Plan – $5.95 a month
Each plan is priced based on a 36-month billing cycle. You can always switch to shorter billing cycles, but keep in mind that it will affect your monthly cost.
What are the products offered by Hostgator hosting?
- You can purchase domain names from HostGator and they offer big discounts in the first year. You can get a free domain name during your first term.
- Their shared hosting plans are designed for small and medium projects that don’t receive hundreds of thousands of visitors per month. Like living in a shared house, this type of service hosts different clients (websites) on the same server. Most likely the one you should get, at least to start with. They offer both Linux and Windows-based hosting packages.
- WordPress hosting: For those looking for shared hosting that’s optimized for WordPress. Starter Plan – $5.95 a month
Standard Plan – $7.95 a month
Business Plan – $9.95 a month
- VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. It is basically a shared hosting server that has been divided into smaller sub-servers based on a specific software configuration. Small and medium sites that require particular server configurations (for example, sites that need to use a different programming language) can use these.
Snappy 2000 – $19.95 a month
Snappy 4000 – $29.95 a month
Snappy 8000 – $39.95 a month
- Dedicated server: With a dedicated server, you’ll probably get better results if your project receives tens of thousands of visitors per month. Your server will be yours alone, and you won’t have to share its resources with anyone else.
- Cloud hosting: Cloud hosting can be described as a network of interconnected servers, which means your website will not only live on one server but several. Your requirements for resources (like more memory or a faster CPU) can be met by adding or removing them.
Hatchling Cloud – $4.95 a month
Baby Cloud – $6.57 a month
Business Cloud – $9.95 a month
- Additionally, they offer a website builder called Gator for users who want to create their own websites without any technical knowledge. In spite of it not being a bad product, it is still under development and there are other site builders that offer more at a similar price. Also, you can use Hostgator India Coupons to avail of discounts and offers.
HostGator Hosting Pros and Cons
- Reliable hosting: It guarantees an uptime of 99.99% and will credit your account for one month if your downtime falls below that.
- Generous money-back guarantee: HostGator provides its clients with a 45-day money-back guarantee. Money-back guarantees are generally not available beyond 30 days with web hosting companies.
- Flexible billing periods: There is an option to choose between yearly and monthly billing terms. Your discount will be higher if you have a longer billing period.
- Free migration: HostGator provides a free migration service with all new accounts. Within the first 30 days of signing up, their expert team will transfer your website from your previous host at no extra charge.
- The monthly price is quite high compared to the annual price. HostGator offers a 45-day money-back guarantee, so you can take advantage of lower HostGator pricing by choosing an annual plan.
- Aggressive upselling: Additional services such as automated backups and advanced functionality may appear, so uncheck them if you don’t need them right now and add them later if needed.
Following our comprehensive HostGator review, you may be wondering whether this service is right for you. With a variety of hosting plans available, HostGator has something to suit every budget and need. You will find all the tools you need to build a website there. With over 2 million customers, HostGator has already earned the trust of millions. Whether you’re an Internet pro or just starting out with your first website, you’ll find everything you need to succeed. With HostGator, you can start small and then upgrade as your site grows without having to migrate if you’re satisfied with their service. Additionally, HostGator offers 24/7/365 Live Support via Email, Phone, and Chat, as well as a comprehensive Online Knowledge Base for common hosting issues.
Also Read: BigRock Hosting: Solution for all your web hosting needs